How to Change the Battery in Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob
Is the battery in your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob in need of a change? Learn the warning signs of a dying battery as well as the quick and easy steps to replace it yourself with Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati.
When a Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Needs Replacement
Not sure when to change your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery? There are several warning signs you can look for when you think it might be time to change the battery. Initial warnings can include:
- You find that your vehicle becomes more difficult to start. If it takes multiple attempts or several minutes to start, that can be an indicator of a low battery.
- If you no longer can lock and unlock your doors or set off the panic alarm that can also be a sign your battery is on the way out.
- If a warning sign appears on your dashboard that indicates an issue with the charging system, that can mean that your key fob is losing battery power.
If you start to experience any of these warning signs, follow the instructions below to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob. This proactive step can prevent further issues when on the road in Blue Ash.
Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
When it comes time to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Determine Your Key Type: You need to find out if you have a Chrome Key or a Smart Key since that impacts how the batteries are changed.
- Get the Right Batteries: The newer Chrome Key needs one CR 2025 battery while the Smart Key needs two.
- Smart Key: When changing a Smart Key pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out to replace the batteries.
- Chrome Key: For the Chrome Key battery, pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
Get Mercedes-Benz Service Help at Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati
Need help replacing your key battery? The technicians at our Cincinnati service center can help you with all your service needs at a reasonable price. Feel free to contact us with any questions and make sure you check out our service specials before booking your appointment to find a discount on the Mercedes-Benz service cost.
More From Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati
Is the battery in your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob in need of a change? Learn the warning signs of a dying battery as well as the quick and easy steps to replace it yourself with Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati. Schedule Service When a Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Needs Replacement Not sure when to change your Mercedes-Benz key fob battery?…
With new restaurants popping up all the time, keeping up with the best brunch in Cincinnati is a never-ending adventure. This popular meal between breakfast and lunch is a time-honored tradition with our friends and neighbors, and the people we meet are always on the lookout for the next must-see destination! We’ve compiled our picks…
If you’re hoping to become more organized, enjoy more outdoor adventures, or protect your new vehicle from the elements, then you’ll find plenty to get excited about when you explore our extensive selection of Mercedes-Benz accessories. No matter what kind of Mercedes-Benz you drive, our expert representatives can help you find floor mats, equipment mounts,…