If you’re looking for time-tested luxury in your next vehicle, there’s really only one question to ask: BMW or Mercedes-Benz? Whether you’re shopping for a sedan to upgrade your Blue Ash commute, or a powerful yet efficient SUV in Montgomery, both brands are true luxury leaders. But which offers the overall quality and value you’re looking for? Read on as we compare Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW models head-to-head to help you decide!
Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW: SUVs
Whether you opt for a BMW or Mercedes-Benz, in-cabin luxuries include dual-zone climate control, traction control, and lots more. Still, depending what kind of performance you’re looking for, there are a few differences to keep in mind:
- Technology and Pricing — Fully redesigned in 2020, the Mercedes-Benz GLE combines the luxury, comfort and technology that you expect from the brand. A new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system offers 12.3-inch touch screen and voice controls. The BMW X5 has similar charms, but comes at a steeper price.
- Off-Road Capability — The Mercedes-Benz G-Class comes equipped with just about every bell and whistle there is. While the BMW X7 is a close competitor in the luxury large SUV class, it can’t equal the off-road prowess of the very capable G-Class.
Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW: Sedans
Both brands offer sedans at a wide range of price points — from compact entry-level offerings like the Mercedes-Benz A-Class, to midsize models designed to transform your Sharonville commute.
- Cabin Comforts — The Mercedes-Benz C-Class offers standard interior comforts that are only available as upgrades on the BMW 3-Series, like driver and passenger lumbar supports. Appointed in only the highest-quality materials, the C-Class interior is packed with the latest convenience and tech features, some of which you can’t access with the 3-Series, like Android Auto™.
- Luxury Large Sedans — When it comes to sedans in this class, the Mercedes-Benz CLS doesn’t have any competition from BMW, since the latter dropped the comparable 6-Series from the lineup after 2019. The CLS boasts a super-smooth ride and an impressive selection of standard technology features and premium comforts.
- Super-Luxury Sedans — Thanks to its gorgeous and comfortable cabin, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is also available as a limousine-like Maybach model and a high-performance AMG®© variant. As with other BMWs, Android Auto™ isn’t available for the BMW 7-Series.
Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW: Warranty Coverage
In terms of powertrain and bumper-to-bumper coverage, the BMW vs. Mercedes-Benz new vehicle warranties both offer 48 months or 50,000 miles of coverage. And if you opt for a certified pre-owned model, both brands back your purchase with a 1-year/unlimited-mile CPO warranty after the original new vehicle warranty comes to an end.
Explore the 2021 Mercedes-Benz Lineup at Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati!
Still deciding between BMW or Mercedes-Benz models for sale in Indian Hill? Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati to explore technologies like Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®© AWDMercedes-Benz COMAND®©, and then schedule a test drive with your favorite models at our showroom in Cincinnati!